What’s New In Children’s Literature 2016 – Free Infopeople Webinar
Thursday, April 14, 2016
Noon-1pm Pacific, 2pm Central, 3pm Eastern
Presenter: Penny Peck, author of Crash Course in Children’s Services: Second Edition, Libraries Unlimited, 2014
- Do you freeze when a child requests a “good book to read?”
- Do you feel like you always recommend the same old books?
- Would you like to learn more about children’s books reflecting our multicultural communities?
Discover the new books that you can offer to children who use your library, including books that reflect the diversity of the children we serve! Hear about books published in late 2015 and Spring 2016 that will be popular with children ages 0-12. These include board books, picture books, easy readers, transitional fiction, genre fiction for middle grades, graphic novels, poetry, nonfiction, and more! Learn about books that will have popularity with a wide audience of children, and can be used by teachers implementing the Common Core.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Learn about new children’s and tween books for various age ranges and reading levels, including very simple new books for those just learning to read.
- Celebrate new multicultural books to meet the needs of all children – diversity matters!
- Discover books that will grab the attention of reluctant readers, including the newest graphic novels for kids, nonfiction, and pop culture-related titles.
- Take away a list of helpful websites to use when doing readers’ advisory, and sites that will help you keep up-to-date on the latest children’s books
This webinar will be of interest to: Any public or school library staff member or volunteer who serves children ages 0-12
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by accessing the following website: https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=554&reset=1
If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS (link is external)
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility (link is external)