New Books for Storytime
An Infopeople FREE Webinar
Instructor: Penny Peck
Are you looking for new picture books to offer at your storytimes? Storytimes are one of the most popular and consistent library programs held for families, yet we often feature the “tried and true” books we have used for years. This webinar will focus on new picture books that will engage the storytime audience, including books that invite audience participation, books the promote the five parent practices (talking, singing, writing, playing, and reading), books based on songs and nursery rhymes, books that promote preliteracy skills and kindergarten readiness, and websites useful to storytime planning.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will have learned about many new books that can be included in storytimes, including:
- Attention-holding books for babies and young toddlers
- Cumulative, circular, sing-along, and audience participation books that enliven storytimes
- Books that promote the Five Parent Practices to add parent learning to your storytimes
- Informational books that engage young listeners
- Books that promote preliteracy skills and kindergarten readiness
- Books that reflect the diversity of the families we serve
This webinar will be of interest to any library staff member who provides storytime programs to children, including new children’s librarians or other library staff who are relatively new to serving children. This webinar is particularly valuable for support staff whose work includes children’s services responsibilities at public libraries and elementary schools.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now link above. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.