Special ACL Meeting Friday, April 9, 2021, 9:00-11:00am for Mosaic Project training. This Oakland nonprofit provides anti-racism training to “build a more peaceful future by uniting people of diverse background.” This will be the first of four sessions, to guide us to:
- Break down the concepts of implicit bias, stereotyping, prejudice, and discrimination.
- Explore how racism and other forms of discrimination appear in the workplace and our greater communities.
- Introduce “subtle acts of exclusion” (otherwise known as microaggressions) and the messages they send.
We welcome you to invite colleagues and take advantage of this opportunity. The Mosaic portion will take place each month from 9:30-11am.
Please note we’ve adjusted our upcoming meeting times for the training:
- Friday, April 9, 2021: 9am -11am (No book reviewing)
- Friday, May 14, 2021: 9am-12pm
- Friday, June 11, 2021: 9am-12pm
- Friday, July 9, 2021: 9am-12pm
Join Zoom Meeting
April 9, 2021
9am – 11am
Meeting ID: 879 8157 5432