Free Webinar: Wednesday, February 27 @noon Pacific – What’s New in Children’s Literature – 2019: https://internal.infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=819&reset=1 (Links to an external site.)
Join us for our annual review of what’s new in children’s literature, both new authors and old favorites, that you can recommend to a child – especially when you are busy! This webinar can help you discover new books that you can offer to children who use your library, including books that reflect the diversity of the children we serve. Hear about books published in late 2018 and Spring 2019, that will be popular with children ages 0-12. These include board books, picture books, easy readers, transitional fiction, genre fiction for middle grades, graphic novels, poetry, nonfiction, and more! Hear about books that will be popular with a wide audience of children, including recent award-winners. Also, find out about books that fit the 2019 summer reading themes of music and travel.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Learn about new children’s and tween books for various age ranges and reading levels.
- Find new books perfect for storytime and to offer parents as read-alouds.
- Celebrate new multicultural books to meet the needs of all children – diversity matters!
- Hear about new nonfiction and informational books, both for homework and for fun.
- Discover books that will grab the attention of reluctant readers, including the newest graphic novels for kids, popular series, and books that relate to the 2019 summer learning themes.
- Take away a list of helpful websites to use when doing readers’ advisory, and sites that will help you keep up-to-date on the latest children’s books.
This webinar will be of interest to: any library staff member or volunteer who serves children ages 0-12, in either public or school libraries.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-registering at this link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/472747514883116289 (Links to an external site.) . If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.