Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Start Time: Pacific – 12 Noon, Mountain – 1 PM, Central – 2 PM, Eastern – 3 PM
Register here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8326870241731559181
Presenter: Penny Peck
Join us for our annual review of what’s new in children’s literature, both new authors and old favorites, that you can recommend to a child – especially when you are busy! This webinar can help you discover new books that you can offer to children who use your library, including books that reflect the diversity of the children we serve. Hear about books published in late 2019 and Spring 2020, that will be popular with children ages 0-12. These include board books, picture books, easy readers, transitional fiction, genre fiction for middle grades, graphic novels, poetry, nonfiction, and more! Hear about books that will be popular with a wide audience of children, including recent award-winners.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Learn about new children’s and tween books for various age ranges and reading levels including recent award-winners.
- Find new books perfect for storytime and to offer parents as read-alouds.
- Celebrate new multicultural books to meet the needs of all children – diversity matters!
- Hear about new nonfiction and informational books, both for homework and for fun.
- Discover books that will grab the attention of reluctant readers, including the newest graphic novels for kids and popular series.
- Take away a list of helpful websites to use when doing readers’ advisory, and sites that will help you keep up-to-date on the latest children’s books.
This webinar will be of interest to: any library staff member or volunteer who serves children ages 0-12, in either public or school libraries.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button on this page. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event. Please visit the GoToWebinar system check page (link is external) to check your system’s compatibility with GoTo Webinar and/or download software for your computer/tablet/smartphone.