2015-2016 Asian/Pacific American Award for Literature Winners Selected
The Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association (APALA), an affiliate of the American Library Association, has selected the winners of the 2015 Asian/Pacific American Awards for Literature (APAAL). The awards promote Asian/Pacific American culture and heritage and are awarded to titles published from October 2014 to September 2015 based on their literary and artistic merit. The awards for books for children and teens are awarded to:
* Winner: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers)
* Honor: Ink and Ashes by Valynne E. Maetani (Tu Books)
* Winner: Full Cicada Moon by Marilyn Hilton (Dial Books/Penguin Random House)
* Honor: Blackbird Fly by Erin Entrada Kelly (Green Willow Books/Harper Collins)
* Winner: Juna’s Jar by Jane Bahk, illustrated by Felicia Hoshino (Lee & Low Books)
* Honor: Drum Dream Girl by Margarita Engle, illustrated by Rafael Lopez (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Books for Young Readers)
The winners will each receive an award plaque and an award seal on their book at the APALA Award Ceremony on Saturday, June 25, 2016 during the ALA Annual Conference in Orlando, FL.
ACL Members at ALA Midwinter: Congratulations to the many members of the Association of Children’s Librarians of Northern California who attend ALA Midwinter in Boston, serving on many award committees. Here is Alan Bern, Eric Barbus, and Celia Jackson at the ALA Youth Media awards press conference. Other ACL members in attendance included Meredith Steiner (who took this photo), Elizabeth Overmyer, and Ana-Elba Pavon.