How does reviewing books for ACL work in this new online format?
– Any ACL member can review books, whether you can make it to the monthly meeting or not. This opens it up to so many more members who can now review books! Including you!
– Review books can be physical copies or e-books. Two great sources of e-ARCs are Netgalley and Edelweiss. Both are free and easy to use. We also have access to some physical books sent by publishers. Contact Eny at [email protected] for more information.
– We’d like to prevent duplicate reviews. When you want to claim a book, post on Slack in the Reviewing channel and also email Beth at [email protected]. If you need an invite to Slack, email Eny at [email protected].
– When writing your review, check out the Information for Reviewers page for thorough guidelines. Pay close attention to the ratings criteria. That page also has the link to submit reviews.
– Reviews are due at 5pm on the Monday before the monthly meeting. The meetings are at 10am on the second Friday of the month. The ACL President will send out the zoom link on that Thursday. Questions? Email Lauren at [email protected] or Penny at [email protected].