Applications are now being accepted for The Dorothy Helfeld Fellowship, presented annually by the Association of Children’s Librarians of Northern California (ACL). ACL invites students of children’s librarianship and/or children’s literature to explore the question, “Children’s librarianship – is it for you?” Discover a network of active Bay Area children’s librarians who meet monthly to share their passion for children’s literature and libraries. The annual fellowships cover the cost of a year’s membership in ACL, the 11 issues of its review publication BayViews, and attendance at the annual Institute and Performers Showcase.
The Dorothy Helfeld Fellowship is open to a wide range of interested applicants, including:
- anyone currently in library school who may be considering working with children;
- librarians considering a possible change from adult to children’s work;
- para-professionals working in school libraries;
- teachers who may be considering moving to school or public library positions;
- college students who may be considering library work with children.
The winner of this fellowship is expected to attend monthly meetings in the East Bay and to review books and partake in the business of the organization to a reasonable extent.
For more information, and an application, visit the ACL website: http://www.bayviews.org/dhfellowship.html